The main guidelines for our work are outlined in Instructions for the Norwegian Agency for Exchange Cooperation (in Norwegian).
Translation of Norec’s objectives (section 2):
- Norec shall carry out exchange programmes between Norway and cooperating nations, and between different cooperating nations. These programmes shall be based on mutual partnerships.
- Norec shall be a centre of expertise for exchanges, and provide active support for project partners and exchange participants, including courses, guidance and follow-up. Norec shall thus facilitate exchange of experience and learning, and contribute towards building networks and development of youth leadership.
- Norec’s exchange activities shall contribute to Norway’s total efforts relating to professional cooperation. Based on the development and performance goals jointly established by the project partners, Norec shall generate results by directing knowledge back to the partners’ own communities, reinforcing institutions, administrative bodies, businesses and civil society, and via its commitment to development.
- Norec shall organise its exchange programmes so that the exchange participants contribute to professional development both during the exchange and once they return home to their own communities.
- Norec’s exchange activities and professional cooperation shall contribute towards the execution of the 2030 agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals, including global partnership, and shall in particular focus on promoting human rights, rights for women and equal opportunities, the climate and environment and anti-corruption.
Our strategy sets the foundation for all our activities and outlines our priorities for the 2019–2022 strategy period.
Strategi 2022 (Norwegian)
Strategy 2022 (English)
Letter of Allocation
We receive our instructions and budget through a letter of allocation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Letter of Allocation 1, 2020 is based on considerations and resolutions in Parliament. The budget is divided between two items in Chapter 144 i the state budget: Item 70: Exchange agreements through Norec and Item 1: Norec, operational costs.