By: Norec staff.
Last update: 17.03.2020
Keep your programme adviser in Norec updated
- We are daily updating the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the status of projects and participants. In order to share the most accurate information, kindly keep your programme adviser in Norec updated on the status of your participants.
- To partners in Norway: The MFA is in close contact with the Norwegian embassies regarding Norwegians abroad.
- To partners in other countries: Use your local embassies for information and assistance if required.
Update yourselves on the situation in each country
- The situation is unpredictable, and changes happen daily. Borders are closing, flights are being cancelled and various restrictions are put in place worldwide.
- Please keep yourselves and your participants updated on the situation locally and be in regular dialogue within your partnership.
- In some cases, it might be safest for your participants to stay where they are. In other cases, it might be safest for them to go back home. It might also change within the next days and weeks.
- We recommend close contact with participants during this situation. Even if there is no new information, it is good to have more regular contact. Many countries are daily getting new guidelines and restrictions. Discuss this with the participants.
What happens with participants returning home?
- Many participants will return to their home country before the end of their exchange period and have not planned for this.
- In order to support you and your participants in these uncertain times, Norec will cover an additional 3 months of allowance and housing/lodging based on the agreed amounts in your approved budget for participants if necessary. Norec will also cover administration for these 3 months according to budget guidelines.
- This will cover the period 14 April – 14 July. This will only be granted when necessary and will end when the contract with your participants would have ended. Kindly discuss the details with your programme adviser.