By: Norec staff.
Last update: 17.03.2020
Exchanges starting between April and July: Postponed until further notice
- All new exchanges starting between April and July, should be postponed until further notice.
- In order to support you and your participants in these uncertain times, Norec will cover 3 months of allowance and housing/lodging based on your approved budget for participants if necessary. This will be an option between 14 April – 14 July.
- Norec will also cover administration for these 3 months according to budget guidelines. Kindly discuss the details with your programme adviser.
- Right now, it is impossible to predict what will happen the next weeks and months. We will do a new review of this situation before 7 April, 2020.
Exchanges starting in August and September: We will monitor the situation closely
- We hope the world has gone back to normal by August, but the situation is unpredictable.
- We will receive and process applications for exchanges starting in August and September as normal.
- However, this situation might challenge the recruitment phase and the initial phases of your projects. Please consider that this period might last for a long time when you plan your coming exchanges.
We also recommend you read the article written by Norec from Friday March 13th about what kind of measures are taken in Norway as the moment. We know various media outlets are portraying the situation in Norway and Europe in different ways, and not everything is correct.