Norec Partner of the Month for UN Organisation13. June 2022
Norec is chosen as Partner of the Month for the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC).
– This is a recognition of Norec’s work and a good opportunity for us to expand our network, says senior adviser in Norec Helge Espe.
Previously, other UN offices or large international organisations have generally been selected as partners of the month.
UNOSSC works to promote South-South cooperation. This refers to development projects between countries in Africa, Asia, or Latin America. About two thirds of Norec’s exchanges happen between countries in the South.
– The selection as Partner of the Month shows that Norec’s South-South work gets noticed at a high level, Espe continues.
– Particularly important because of the corona pandemic
Espe believes it is important for Norec to gain attention in this type of platform:
– It is particularly important now that the corona pandemic has limited Norec’s traditional meeting points and networking methods.
South-South Galaxy is UNOSSC own platform for knowledge sharing connected to South-South cooperation. The website also functions as a partnership broker between financing mechanisms and development projects.
– This is a great opportunity for Norec to gain attraction as a competence centre by groups and institutions that we normally do not have as much contact with. We hope that we now can get in touch with new cooperation partners that can help us expand our perspectives, Espe finishes.